February 3, 2021
Finished riveting the tail section. Riveted the center section plate to the left side skin, and clecoed both side skins to the frame. Clecoed the floor skin and floor stiffeners to the frame and checked whether the whole thing was straight.
Henry came over and helped me pound a few rivets in the side skins.
More riveting of the fuselage. Shannon helped me and we got most of the rivets done forward of the F-704
Finished riveting the lower fuselage together, and turned the 'canoe' over. Also installed the false wing spars and built a little castoring stand for it. I temporarily put the seat skins in and sat in my airplane for the first time and made airplane noises.
Finished up the last rivets of the bottom of the fuselage. I left the angles off of the F-710 and F-711 bulkheads where the aft deck attach because I thought that I could make them fit better if I waited until the longerons were on. I will be able to make them fit better but I need a better right angle drill to get in there. I made those two angle pieces. Also leveled the fuselage.
Had to re-level the plane since my little 2x4 clamped to the tail idea won't work because I need to install the aft deck back there. :-( Anyway I just used the false spar stand to level the plane with nothing more than a sawhorse on the back. I also went ahead and riveted the aft side skins to the longerons up to where the top skins will go. Trimmed the F-757 gussets and dug out the seat belt anchors and other gussets from storage.
Drilled the little angles to the F-710 and F-711 bulkheads. Fabricated the spacer and the forward elevator stop that goes under the aft deck and got the aft deck clamped onto the fuse.
Drilled the aft deck to the longerons and bulkheads
Drilled the shoulder harness anchors to the longerons. Drilled the forward firewall gussets to the firewall and longerons. Installed the corrugated nylon tubing in the fusealge as a wire run. Installed the rudder cables and drilled the little Avery rudder cable fairings to the side skin. Finished up the bellcrank support rib and fabricated the little tubing spacers for bellcrank. Finished the stringers for the top fuselage. Started fitting the top skins and drilled the little gussets to the F-706 and F-707 bulkheads.
Drilled the top skins to the Fuselage.
This web site and the infomation contained within it are for entertainment purposes only. The opinions expressed on construction techniques are my opinions only and should not be confused with proper construction techniques. There is undoubtedly more than one way to build an airplane and some methods that I use may or may not work in any given circumstance. If there is any question please call the kit manufacturer. I love to help but I am not responsible for the misuse of any information contained on this web site.